Green Chile Breakfast Casserole
This Green Chile Breakfast Casserole will easily become a family favorite. It’s perfect for a weekend family breakfast, meal prep or even a yummy lunch or dinner. The possibilites are endless. I’m obsessed with the fluffy light texture of this casserole.
Tips & Tricks
- Whipping the eggs with a hand held mixer along with adding the baking pwoder is key to get a fluffy casserole.
- For additional flavor, top with sour cream and salsa verde.
- If you are dair free, no worries. Simply sub your favorite dairy free cheese and cottage cheese.
- Prep this recipe on Sunday and slice and package for easy grab and go meal options throughout the week.
Can You Make This Casserole The Night Before?
If you want to make this casserole the night before, you absolutley can. Simply do steps 1-3 in the instructions, then wrap with foil and place in the fridge. When ready to cook, preheat your oven, remove the foil and cook for 40 minutes on 350F.
You can also freeze this casserole. Make sure the casserole is completly cool before prepping to freeze. It will last for 2 – 3 months in the freezer. Allow for thawing time when you’re ready to enjoy your casserole. Simply heat and enjoy once thawed!
Try it in the Crockpot
To cook this casserole in the crockpot, set it to low and cook for 7-8 hours on OR 2 1/2 – 3 hours on high in a 6QT slow cooker. Pro tip: For a easy weekend breakfast, put all the ingredients in the crockpot the night before and cook on low for 8 hours. It will be ready when you wake up!
Shop My Green Chile Breakfast Casserole Post
Want More Healthy Recipes?
A fluffy Green Chile Breakfast Casserole filled with eggs, tomatoes, diced chiles, cottage cheese, shredded cheese and chicken. Only 4 Net carbs per serving and super filling and satisfying. Macro Friendly, Keto and Healthy!
- 4 cups egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 cups cheese of choice*
- 1 cup cottage cheese*
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablspoons almond flour
- 1 teaspon baking powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the egg white and eggs. Using a hand held mixer, beat for 2 mintues or so. In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, basking powder and salt/pepper. Mix and break up any clumps. Add to the egg mixture.
- Using a spatual, stir in the cottage cheese, green chilies, chopped chicken and cheese. Transfer the egg mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake on 350F for 40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you are dairy free, feel free to sub dairy free cheese and cottage cheese of choice.
- For additional flavor, top with sour cream and salsa verde before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 716
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 32
- Cholesterol: 126
Keywords: green chile egg casserole, breakfast casserole, keto, healthy, eggs